Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011

I can't believe I am writing that date. Is it really March already? Time flies when you're having fun I guess (yes that's a joke). Grayson's doctor told us that Grayson is doing well enough to only come to clinic twice a week now. I think I actually wrote that once before because they told me this once before and then changed their minds. A week or so ago they had said we could cut back to twice a week but then Grayson had a GVH flare and his skin turned red and itchy. That won us a trip back to clinic and we returned to 3x a week visits before we could even experience the 2x a week visits. Today they gave us the go ahead to skip our normal Friday clinic appointment and just come Monday. I am happy about this but bummed that we still have to go to the hospital for light therapy at 8:30am on Friday. Next week I can try to schedule light therapy for the same two days as clinic but it just didn't work that way this week.

My doctor also let me know that she scheduled our 90 day marrow test for March 21 and that we would also have a routine Echo and EKG to make sure that the high dose chemo didn't cause any problems with his heart. She told me that the marrow test is on a Monday and that we should have the results back that Friday during our clinic appointment. She also said...oh my gosh I can hardly type this...I am just so excited because of what she said...literally giddy and smiling as I am typing this write now...she said...if it shows that he is still 100% donor cells WE CAN GO HOME THAT WEEKEND! AAAAAHHHHHH! I literally shrieked with excitement into the phone!!!! That was the first time anyone in that office has mentioned going home and it felt so good to hear those words. It was like the the part of the roller coaster when you just reach the peak and start your decent where your stomach gets caught in your throat and then you let out the shriek of laughter and delight. Well maybe that's just my reaction to roller coasters. Anyway we have a finish line in sight and I am even more excited to write the date March 2 today because I can say that Grayson and I might get to go home THIS MONTH! WHOHOOO! I can hardly contain myself.

Please please keep praying for us this month that the bone marrow test on March 21 shows 100% donor cells and that we can be reunited as a family in our home.

I also wanted to thank all the wonderful people who have been bringing my family dinners while I am away. This is sort of a generic "Thank You". I have major guilt over not being able to write individual thank you cards to each of you. You all deserve personalized Thank You cards but I just do not have the ability to do that right how. So please know how much you are appreciated even if I can't mail a card to let you know.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO VERY exciting! You probably have no idea the number of people who are praying for you and your family! I will pass this great news onto others who I know are praying, and will continue to lift your family up as we watch and see what God does in Grayson's little body! Thanks so much for writing!

    ReplyDelete