Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011

We have so much to be thankful for already in 2011!

This is not going to be a long post because I have to take care of my baby but I wanted to share some good news with everyone because you all deserve to share in this with us. Okay so Grayson's blood type is O+ and Gavin's is B+. Because Grayson gets frequent blood products (red cells and platelets) his typing is done every 3 days to ensure that no mistake is made in the type of blood he receives. Anyway, they routinely drew it last night with his normal labs and this morning it came back as "no result" because they found B+ red cells in Grayson's blood sample! I have goose bumps as I am writing this because our God is an Awesome God and he never for a moment has left us hanging. He has always had his hand on this situation and already had a plan for healing long before Grayson was even born. I am just always amazed when I can see Christ's promises become reality in my own life. I just wanted everyone to know that our prayers are never in vain and that though this new development does not mean my son will be cured it is just a sign that something is changing in Grayson's marrow. They still need to do more testing to see whether his blood type has actually changed or if the sample just happened to have some of Gavin's random red cells. I don't believe it was random. I believe God is healing my baby boy at a miraculous pace. All the nurses and doctors were SHOCKED to see evidence of any change in marrow this early after transplant. All we could say to them is that miraculous things happen when you have so many people praying for them.

SHOUT NOW, FOR THE BATTLE IS ALREADY WON!

That is how I feel right now. I want to shout with joy! My baby is so disgustingly sick with severe mucositis but all I feel is JOY! Not because he's in pain, but because this battle is already won. God is sovereign. We needn't worry about any further blood tests or bone marrow tests because regardless of the result, our God is victorious and he has given us so much grace and shown us so much mercy! We love you Lord!

I just want to take a moment to give thanks for all of the cards, letters, and uplifting messages people have sent to us during this time. Even though I cannot always respond to them individually, they have all reached Tom and I and been comforting and encouraging during this trial. Thank you to all those who have posted responses to this blog and my facebook updates as well, not only is it a constant encouragement to read and re-read your messages but it is affirmation that God is reaching people through this medium.

So much LOVE from the BROWN's to all those praying for us and lifting us up through this trial.

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!! This is so awesome to hear!!!!! Our God is an awesome God and is worthy to be praised!!! Thank you Lord for already beginning the healing in Grayson's body and for loving us more than we could ever know! You are the Great physician and healer! ~~"You know my name, You know my every thought, You see each tear that falls and You hear me when I call."
    Pam, my family and I pray for you all, especially sweet Grayson every day. I pray for complete healing in Grayson, strength for you and Tom and peace and comfort for all three boys. My thoughts are always with you. Thank you for taking the time to update all of us. I pray you both get some rest tonight. Love to you both!!!
    Love,
    Kendra Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our pray-ers posted a link to your blog on our Caring Bridge site asking for your family to be added to our prayer lists. That gives you potentially more than a hundred new people following your story, and interceding on your behalf with our Father. May the Holy Spirit hold you up, and together, and carry you though today and every day of the rest of your lives. It is His power through our prayers that works in all things for our good.

    My husband of 55 is approaching Day 90 of a full, unrelated bone marrow transplant from the marrow registry. Mucositis after transplant was one of his biggest challenges, but that one is over, now. My heart goes out to you as a mother with a child in pain who cannot tell you what hurts or understand why. I know your heart wants to break every second of every day, but I know our Lord, too....He'll hold you together, and one step at a time you'll get through it. In His love, Donna

    ReplyDelete