Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Okay so we got to the Hopkins ER at around 5am on Saturday morning and we were there for a while and several ER doctors/fellows/residents came in and examined Grayson and all of them agreed that since we were already there that we should probably just be safe and admit Grayson for observation overnight and start his chemo as planned on Sunday. I was so disappointed because I had planned on spending Saturday as a family day and I hadn't spent any time with my other boys (Mason and Gavin) before having to leave in a hurry to the ER. I was praying that God would just allow me to accept this for what it was and to be happy that they were trying to do what was best for Grayson. Then my actual transplant doctor and his team made it down to the ER to see us and he didn't make me repeat for the 10th time what had transpired after surgery he just said told me that he thought Grayson was presenting as a classic breath-holding case and he didn't think it was necessary to admit a child for holding his breath. HALLELUIAH we got to go home! I was so thrilled and Tom couldn't believe it when I called him and told him he could come pick us up! Only one parent can ride in the ambulance so he went home to grab all our stuff prepared for Sunday because we thought they were going to admit us. I just can't tell you enough how AWESOME our God is. Everyone said he was going to have to stay and yet God worked it so that I could spend one last day and night with my boys and my husband.

We made the most of it too. We baked cookies as a family which was so much fun, played Wii Resort, ate Papa Joe's for dinner (mmmm, my favorite) and I got to tuck my boys in their beds and sleep in my own bed. I have never been so appreciative of a night in my own home with my family. Oh and the baby did just fine all day and all night with no more breath holding spells. That little stinker scared us good.

I just want to praise God for the allowing these episodes to be breath-holding and nothing more serious. Thank you Jesus for giving Dr. Lobe the wisdom to figure that out and the graciousness to let us go home for one last night. Thank you for that one last night at home in my own bed and for my beautiful family. Thank you for an opportunity to share my faith with the ambulance driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment