Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Okay so I have never blogged before and I don't know if there is a right or wrong way to do it so if I am giving far too much detail for people reading this, I apologize. As a woman I like to know the details and therefore I tend to write about all the details. Sorry for you men reading that just want the hard facts. I am going to try to keep this one brief because it is almost midnight on Tuesday and I just wrote 4 days worth of blogs and need to sleep. So, today Grayson did fine for the most part with his chemo. He had some more gagging episodes but no vomiting during the day. My mom brought Gavin to the hospital and I was just thrilled to see him. Mason was at school but I got to have a good chat with him on the phone and will hopefully get to see him Thursday. He's ten and normally has one word answers for all my questions but today I think he felt bad for me so he gave me two or three word answers to my questions :) The kids at home seem to be doing great without me. My mom is a great grand mom and mom and has spent a lot of time in the past with them so it doesn't seem that different for them to have her there so often.

At Grayson's 5pm dose he started gagging and this time he did vomit all over me. It didn't gross me out, just made me sad. I can't imagine what it feels like to have poison repeatedly put into your body. After he finished the nurse help me clean him up and he nursed right away. She said some kids just need to vomit and get it over with and then they feel better. I hope that's the case with Grayson. I decided not to give him Adavan until his 11pm dose because it makes him sleepy. The nurse also encouraged me that getting sick like this is a good thing because we need to kill off all his marrow and the cancer along with it so it's a good sign that he is getting sicker. Somehow it didn't make me feel better, but thank you Alex for trying! I am thankful to God today that Grayson was able to handle 9 doses of chemo before throwing up and thankful for my mom who brought one of my sons down today for a visit even though she doesn't like to drive in the city. Thank you God for my husband who runs around all day long getting the kids up and fed and Mason off to school, going to work, visiting me on his lunch break, then back to work, then back to visit, then home to feed the kids and put them to bed. He really is SUPERMAN! Thank you for great Christian friends and family who are a constant encouragement to me. Thank you for Lindsay Archer and Erica Catron who made my family dinner Monday and today. Thank you for the many church families and individuals around the US praying for my sweet baby boy.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to tell you what encouragement it is to read the thankful praise to God at the end of each post, Pam.

    I'm sure many have said it - but I just can't imagine being in your shoes. I just PRAISE our father for his provision of Gavin's match; and I give glory to HIM to see your' perseverance and growing faith throughout this time.

    I'm praying specifically these days that what little rest you and Tom get will sustain and renew you, That you guys would have opportunities for sweet time with Mason and Gavin. Most of all, that this journey would prevail as a powerful way for you and Tom to share your faith with the people around you and especially your sons. Our God is mighty to save.

    ~ Jenn Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenn. It so very precious, and quite the charge, to encompass each of our thoughts with a praise. He is “‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,’ who was, and is, and is to come.” Rev. 4:8

    I am so glad that He is wrapping you in His loving care at this time in your life. I am praying that He can be every bit of strength, encouragement and faith that you will need and HE IS FAITHFUL!

    Your journey is an incredible gift to so many - from Brian, the ambulance driver to each and every life that you touch with your incredible ability to cling to Christ every day.

    Pouring into prayer on behalf of your sweet baby, sweetie!

    Love, Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete